Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Night Secrets-BK Walker



I'm excited for today's guest. I've been knowing BK for a few years now and she's always been a great resource for authors. If you're in need of a VBT please stop by the Virtual Book Tour Cafe and let her set you up with one. No, it's not free. Nothing in life is, but she has some very affordable rates.

Enough of my gushing and on to the Interview.


1.  What inspires you as a writer?
Life inspires me. I'm always looking at things through “what if” glasses. What if this happened, or what if the outcome was this instead of that. Through my “what ifs”, I'm able to create worlds all of my own, with my own endings.

2.  When did you have that ah ha moment when you knew you were a writer?
When I got a call from a publishing house that I submitted my very first story to. I wasn't sure if my writing would appeal to anyone, let a long a publishing house. It was very exciting when that call came in. I must have listened to that message twenty times before I called them back.

3.  What is your writing process?
I'm a panster. I don't really plot things out unless I find myself struggling. I tend to let my characters do a lot of the plotting. I like to have a cup of coffee on hand, makes me feel all grown up and sophisticated, and depending on my mood, I may have music or silence.

4.  Tell us about your favorite character and why you chose to write about them?
Keara probably fits that bill. She goes through so many changes in a short period of time. It was fun to experience these changes with her, and view things from her perspective.

5.  What are you currently working on?
To Love A Wolf, a paranormal erotica romance is due out this month. My first try at erotica.

6.  Any upcoming events?
Just that To Love A Wolf will be releasing this month.

7.  If you could be anyone you like, who would you be?
Janis Joplin. I just love her voice and to live in that time era, an era I think I should have been born in anyways, would be so cool.

8.  Do you have any advice for new writers and something that a seasoned vet can learn?
Do something everyday to market and promote your work. It's a neverending task.

 9.  Where can your followers find you?
I'm all over. If you just google my name, you will find me.

10.         Any last words?

Believe in yourself enough to finish your novel. Nobody can write what's in your head but you. I believe in you, you can do it. You just need to show up :).

Always romance your dark side! Thanks for having me Omegia. It's been great.

Thank you for stopping by BK! Night Secrets is a good read for any reader, not just us paranormal fans. Please leave a comment to be entered in for the Kindle Fire.

Omegia Keeys

9 comments:

  1. It's been great getting to know more about BK as an author. Definitely looking forward to more of her books!

    Jess - Honest Variety Books (VBT Pit Crew)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for having me today Omegia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read Night Secrets and I have become a true fan of Ms. Walker's writing! Great interview...Janis Joplin? Now, that's really cool:O) Wonderful post, I wish you well on your tour!

    Michelle '

    Pit Crew

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for stopping in Jess and Michelle. Glad you enjoyed the books Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a panster too, I never know which way my characters are going to decide to go.

    Good luck with your first erotica released next month.

    BK, you help so many authors, I just think you are a great person and great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Indeed! BK is all over the internet lol! Great interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview!It's nice to get to know more about BK as an author. She wears many hats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a panster, too. lol Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much Lorrie! I hope it goes well. It's been getting great feedback so far *fingerscrossed*

    Thanks Rhomy, Teddy, & Rebecca - haha Rebecca...nice to meet you too.

    ReplyDelete