Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Are You Keeping Secrets from Yourself?



Can You Keep a Secret? Most of us would bobbing our heads yes as we read this, but are you so good at keeping secrets that you are hiding them from yourself? Confused? Please allow me to explain. Are there things in life that you really want to do, but keep putting them to the side and the next thing you know years have flown by?

Years ago this was me as well. There was a voice screaming inside my head to take another path, but why? I had a great job (so I thought), a husband, and kids. What more could I want? The more I ignored the voice the more my life began to spiral downhill. My job started going through changes in leadership causing me extra stress, as if I needed anymore being in the military. Without going into great detail basically my voice screamed and I shouted back I could take it. Well, I took it until I was darn near a basket case. Finally, I said the hell with it all and listened to the voice. It said I am a writer, not just the part time I was doing with it, but as in that is what I needed to do. It was one of the hardest things in the world but I listened and now I am at peace.

Listen to your inner voice. If you don't you will not find peace. It's yelling at you to do what it is you are called to do. I am a writer. What secret are you keeping from yourself?

Until Next Time,

Omegia Keeys
Rise and Fall of a Track Star
Can You Keep a Secret?

No comments:

Post a Comment