Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Author Spotlight Nicholas L. Maze



 
Born in Flint, Michigan, Nicholas L. Maze attended Baker College, where he earned his degree in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting and Marketing. With a knack for advertising and excelling in math, Nicholas seemed destined for a productive career in business. Instead, there would be another gift that would prove to be more dominant and rewarding.
In the summer of 1999, while still in college, Nicholas found a job with a nation-wide security organization. His initial plans were to work his job, until he finished college. But it was his stint with the security organization that would lead to a rebirth of his passion for writing. As a child, being driven by a strong imagination, Nicholas would write stories to past time. It was during his composition courses in college that Nicholas realized that his gift was still intact. His writing craft received praise from his colleagues and instructors. With substantial amount of free time on the job, Nicholas found himself writing more and more. He started by writing poetry and composing songs, during his free time on the job. It was at this same time that Nicholas began managing a small rap group, which allowed him to hone his writing skills even more. Nicholas began composing songs for his rap group and him. In 2004, Nicholas began to write his first published work. With ample amount of time and a number of ideas, Nicholas began to write. In order to compose a successful work, Nicholas had to make himself the reader. Nicholas placed himself in the passenger seat and let his imagination go to work.
As Nicholas was completing his book, he renewed his relationship with GOD and acquired a second job. Two jobs and attending college full-time, forced Nicholas to put his writing on hold. Once Nicholas completed his first degree in Marketing, he was able to focus on his unfinished work and complete his book in 2007. From there, Nicholas began to send out query letters for his book. After no success, Nicholas placed his book on the shelf and returned to school. In 2009, Nicholas received a prophecy on his writing gift and immediately began shopping his book around. “I instantly thought of my finished work and began sending out query letters. Within two months, I received a publishing deal.” Now, Nicholas is fine-tuning himself for a long, successful career as an author. His first love.
Up Close with Nicholas
1. What inspires you as a writer?
Life. Everything on this earth is an inspiration to write. From burning toast to oversleeping, I am inspired to write. A great example is a future drama that I plan to write. The inspiration for the drama came about as I was leaving out of my driveway. Since I drive in reverse into my driveway, I can observe my surroundings as I leave. As I was leaving out, I noticed my neighbor’s garbage on the corner and instantly got an idea for a drama.
2.  When did you have that ah ha moment when you knew you were a writer?
I have been writing since about the age of 12 and I have always had a great imagination. When I began to write my first book (White Collar Woman), I was at a security job. I had no plans to pursue a writing career, but I wanted to see what I could put on paper. After finishing my story, I received a prophecy from a visiting prophet at our Church. Although I had been writing for years, the prophecy was my confirmation or “ah ha” moment.
3.  What is your writing process?
I tend to begin a lot of my writings on paper versus on a computer. I hand write a lot, because my ideas come about unexpectedly. So, I usually grab a sheet of paper and write what is on my mind. After my first book, I began to carry a small notepad to write. Once I have a lot of information to put on paper, I limit myself. Instead of putting down everything at once, I save some for the next day. By doing this, I have something to build off of, when I begin to write the next day. This is my way of eliminating writer’s block.
4.  Tell us about your favorite character and why you chose to write about them?
My favorite character would have to be Marla Evans (White Collar Woman), because she allowed me the opportunity to tell a woman’s story, from a man’s perspective. At same time, I was able to display a career successful and beautiful woman with the same emotional battles of being in a relationship, as any other human being.
5.  What are you currently working on?
My current project is a book that will help restore Churches and restructure ministries. I discovered that Churches have been in need of this literature, for over 100 years, but it has never been written.
6.  Any upcoming events?
My next blog stop will take place at MK McCintock’s Blog, on April 5th. Also, I will be attending the Dayton Book Expo, on April 28, from 11am - 4PM in the Great Hall at Sinclair Community College’s Ponitz Conference Center (Dayton, OH).
7.  If you could be anyone you like, who would you be?
My father. A great influence in my life. His knowledge would be like having an encyclopedia stored inside my brain.
8.  Do you have any advice for new writers and something that a seasoned vet can learn?
You will NEVER please everybody. I promise. So when you write, write from your heart, because even your best critic can get offended. You are not writing to make people happy. You are writing to influence, inspire, and grow. Write from your heart.
9.   Where can your followers find you?
I try to enter every avenue:
My home is www.nicholasmaze.com
Amazon: http://amzn.to/ye4Z2I
Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/whKpKF
iTunes: http://bit.ly/xR1hdO
LuLu: http://bit.ly/vChpbL
Twitter: http://bit.ly/HB9Ax7
FaceBook: http://on.fb.me/p8eP4g
10.              Any last words?
I appreciate this wonderful opportunity. Technology has allowed us to connect at so many levels. I ask that every person seriously take “EXIT” into consideration. This book was written from the heart, with a desire to help restore our country. 
 What 12+ years of schooling never provided is located within this amazing literature. From basic instructions on saving to the reason for America’s current financial dilemma, we receive great advice in the world of finance. People across the globe are crying for relief that will never come. In EXIT, we learn that financial strain is planned and orchestrated. The more America suffers financially, the more successful certain individuals become. How do we eliminate a problem that has been in place for almost 100 years? We first learn how to exit, escape.

3 comments:

  1. good job nic..i realy jus seen what you hav going on and am happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice interview answers Nicholas.

    O. Keeys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the positive comments!

    ReplyDelete